ClownFace

I  recently created this piece, the subject is my flatmate, Nila. I absolutely loved her makeup that she wore on Halloween because I really thought it made her eyes look great and I thought it really gave them depth. I wanted to try and recreate it with colour pencils and brusho whilst focusing on the dark imagery that comes to mind when I think of clowns.
 I got rather stressed out during the creation of this piece because I do not have the correct skin coloured pencils and after a while I thought that I completely ruined the drawing due to me putting all of the wrong colours in the wrong place and everything looking a bit too orange. but once I had put her long dark hair in with Indian ink it took my eyes away from the colour differences and made it all really come together. I am really proud with how this turned out as I think that it really does look a lot like her, I may even go back to it sometime next week and add even more colours to the skin tone because I love when lots and lots of colours come together to create tones of skin, just like Lucian Freud- although I am nowhere near that good yet.

Comments