Anya Gallaccio




Anya Gallaccio is another artist to which i was introduced in the 4D introduction. I really liked her work because again- it really makes you think about life and death and I absolutely love the way that one day you could go into that exhibition and see nothing there at all but dead flowers on the floor, or perhaps you walk into the gallery and see the walls full of flowers that are alive. Either way I really like the message that it shows because to me it really does imply the cycle of life... How you live and grow then you slowly die and fade away- just like these flowers in the gallery. Depending on which day you go to the gallery I suppose everyone would have different views on the piece because if I knew nothing about this piece and went at a time that they were all dead I don't think i would like the work as much as I do now knowing that they once were alive and the meaning towards it. I really want to create my own work showing how things can quickly fade away and I have recently got the idea of using some of my favourite musicians and burning their photos to show their death.



Comments