Mini Degree Show

For the mini degree show exhibition I chose Skulls as my work, This is because I am fascinated with the details in skulls as well as the symbolism towards death in which they link with. I created this skull on paper using pencils, fine liners and marker pen to get the depth of the black just right (with a little help from my prismacolor set too! I adore the detail that I have achieved with the teeth, they were by far my favourite part of this piece as when you look up close you can see each individual mark that I've put on the teeth. I decided in the exhibition space to put my skull up onto a concrete pillar because I actually enjoyed the contrast between the grey and the white of my drawing. I did originally try and put it against the white walls which most people had their work on but it kind of took all of your attention away from the actual piece and became way too white. I was so proud of doing this piece because it took me a long time but when taking the exhibition down the following days I placed it on the floor behind me as I helped Erin take her paint off the window- Unfortunately when I looked back my drawing was no longer there. I really wanted the chance to try and sell this piece in a frame too. 

Comments