Matter/Anti Matter

We got given a few days to create something relating to matter, then a piece relating to anti matter. This was part of the mini degree project we were doing and I have chosen to write about it because it is part of the project that i found really interesting (more than the failure and success part) as it got me thinking of many different ideas, it's just a shame we had a short timescale to do the work in. For matter I chose to use one of my favourite cacti pots in my room (something I love)  and paint on it- I decided to paint in sections on the pot what could be on the inside (matter) Revealing what may or may not be.

I decided to paint a sea-like habitat on the pot which was deeply inspired from my recent visit to the World Museum here in Liverpool. I found this rather difficult because of the timescale but I made the best of it and just tried to have fun and see where it would go once drawing the first sea creature. After doing this I soon realised that I never wanted to draw a sea habitat ever again and that octopus' are not my speciality at all- though,  it was  rather entertaining to try.
 Despite finishing this piece and the standard of it being awful in my eyes- it did not turn out as bad as I originally thought it was going to. It really made me question what we can and cannot see- which in a sense has always intrigued me as for a long time I have been interested in extraterrestrial life and different dimensions other than our own.

For Anti-Matter I chose to focus on how easily things we love and enjoy looking at (my cacti pot with sea creatures).  To do this I coloured the pot in black; a colour often linked to death or sadness, to show how easily things can be taken away from us. I chose to use black against the sea habitat because people do not think about it a lot but it is currently happening- Many coral reefs are dying and being destroyed and it is because of us.  A simple move in experimentation, but it hurts me a lot to see all of our great reefs disappearing and I think by photographing my work before and after it gets the message across

If I could do all of this again with more time I would have definitely slowly painted my pot to a good quality and perhaps done more research into coral reefs and sea life before doing this.




Comments